I don’t know about you, but I am loving the ‘color of the year’ Radiant Orchid. I think it’s really one of the most complimentary colors out there, and I have been dying to create and share a good drugstore makeup look featuring it. So, naturally, I headed to Walmart to pick out my some products to create the look! One of my favorite drugstore beauty brands is RIMMEL, if you follow me on instagram or twitter you probably already know that I am obsessed (and I mean obsessed) with their Scandaleyes eyeliners so RIMMEL’s new Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara has been the top of my must try list for some time.
RIMMEL is obviously a very popular brand at my Walmart, I was just able to get the last True Ivory shade of RIMMEL’s new Stay Matte foundation! I also picked up an eyeshadow quad, two Scandaleyes eyeshadow crayons, RIMMEL Lasting Finish lipstick and their new Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara.
The line up: RIMMEL Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara in 003 Extreme Black, Lasting Finish Lipstick in 002 Candy, Scandaleyes Eyeshadow 24hour Waterproof Crayons in 001 Witness White and 006 Paranoid Purple, Glam’Eyes Eyeshadow Quad in 021 State of Grace, and RIMMEL Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in 103 True Ivory.
For this Retro Radiant Orchid Makeup Look:
Prime your face. For this look I only used the RIMMEL Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation – it has a really silky consistency, not liquidy at all, more like a thick mousse – without aeration (or bubbles). And I found that my oily lids didn’t crease at all! Yay! You can go heavy or medium coverage with this one.
1) Apply a sweep of silvery white eyeshadow over your lid. You want to try to get an as opaque a covering as possible, but not go over your crease. Once that’s done, apply the purple eyeshadow into your crease and blend into your white shadow – continue adding purple and blending until you’ve reached the desired light purple tone.
2) Now’s the time to grab your Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Crayon in Paranoid Purple – this is more of a deep purple on it’s own, but swipe a bit into your lash line and blend out and tah-dah! You’ve got a lovely radiant orchid color!
3) Apply liner – I find it helpful to draw the outline of my cat-eye look beforehand, it makes it easier to fix or alter to your liking before filling in.
4) With your Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Crayon in 001 Witness White, pop some into the corners of your eyes as well as your lower lashline – blend with either a brush or your pinkie. This will open up your eyes and keep your look bright and fresh!
5) Finally, swipe on some RIMMEL Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara! I had high hopes for this drugstore mascara and I was not let down – it’s amazing! I love it because it give your eyes some extra drama – without weighing down (or clumping on) your lashes.
I recommend finishing off this look with a swipe of blush & bronzer (lightly) and a nude lip! This is definitely a fun, trendy, makeup look for Spring & Summer – incorporating Radiant Orchid with the retro glam styling of thick eyeliner and dramatic lashes makes it even more fun. What I love best is that RIMMEL’s new Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation and Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara give you that coverage and those glam lashes without feeling heavy or cakey at all!
Can you believe that this April marks RIMMEL’s 180th anniversary!? Look out for a $1 off coupon in your Sunday paper for both the Retro Glam Mascara & Stay Matte Foundation! And as an extra special treat, enter the RIMMEL Sweepstakes below to win $50 worth of amazing RIMMEL products to create your own fab look! 25 Winners will be selected so be sure to enter now! Also, follow along on instagram and twitter with hashtags #BeautyInspiration and #CollectiveBias for more inspired makeup looks.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Coty® Rimmel® Giveaway starts at 4/2/14 at 12:00 A.M. (midnight) ET and ends on 4/25/14 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to (i) members of the Social Fabric community, (ii) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and (iii) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Click here for Official Rules and details including how to enter, entry criteria, prizes and restrictions, etc. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc.