It happens every year. Winter says it’s final goodbye’s, and Spring drips into warmer weather and that’s when everybody pulls out their peep-toe pumps, strappy shoes, casual (but cool) flip-flops, and trendy sandals. I eagerly pull out my favorite espadrilles, slide off my winter worn boots and find my feet are hardly ready to go prancing about in revealing footwear. I’m not going to go into details about the horrendous state my poor feet will be by the end of a winter spent stomping around in boots, but I am going to tell you about how I rehab them and pamper them back into health!
These are my top five products for pampering my feet – you can always switch them out for something that works better for you, but all of these are tried and true for me:
1. Sally Hansen Clip N’ Catch Nail Clipper (ARV $4) – Best quality clippers I’ve owned, far better then the $1 nail clippers from the beauty supply store. It’s durable, convenient, definitely worth a spot in your routine. The Treat Ur Toes Control Toenail Clipper is another great option.
2. Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (ARV $6) – this cuticle cream smells nicely of lemon and does exactly what it’s supposed to, it moisturizes, softens, and nourishes cuticles with Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Seed Butter, Vitamin E, and Sunflower Oil. Massage around your nails nightly and in the morning if your nails need a little extra TLC!
3. Nail Buffer (ARV $1-5) – Give your piggie’s the ultimate twinkle toe treatment and give them a good buff and shine. You’ve gone ahead and invested in taking care of your feet – complete the job and contour, smooth and floss your toenails to polish-ready perfection. You can really go anywhere for one of these, but I reccomend the Ulta 4-Way Buffer Block or the Revlon Crazy Shine Nail Buffer, which has a shape more suited for nails I think.
4. Foot Works Beautiful Action Pedi-Peel (ARV $6) – I have been obsessed with these pedi-pads for the past couple of weeks as they’ve completely saved my heels and really my feet altogether. Firstly, the pads smell really good – like a cucumber spa scent. And all you have to do is wipe your feet down with them and allow your feet to air dry, I always follow up with lotion. What it does is retexturizes your feet with glycolic acid and moisturizers – since I’ve been using it I’ve noticed my feet are significantly softer and smoother – love it!
5. AmLactin Foot Cream (ARV $10) – Best foot cream I’ve ever tried. Containing an alpha-hydroxy therapy using lactic acids this offers intense moisturization – without the irritation. I usually apply it after the pedi-peel and before I go to bed, I’ll slather it on and put on a clean pair of fuzzy socks – by the time I wake up my feet are ultra-soft!
The great thing is that all these products are $10 and under and they last for a good long while. Do you have any tips or tricks or any favorite products that you use to pamper your feet? Let me know in the comments below!
I use amlactin body lotion for my chicken bumps… but i should have put some on my feet too! My feet are so dried, i need to stop wearing flats. and wear those moisturizing socks from bath and body more often. have you tried those foot peels? they’re feet shaped bags filled with some sort of peels and you wear them for about an hour. then over the next few weeks you skin peels off. I tried but it dont peel nicely like the pictures.
OMG – I have been DYING to try those baby foot peels, I was just lacking courage (and the will to spend $20 on something that might turn me into the swamp creature) – although they didn’t peel like the pictures for you, do you still think it’s worth it? I’m so torn about trying it…anyways, glad you love amlactin too, and hooray for foot pampering – those B&BW socks are super soft!
I definitely need to get my feet ready for sandal season. And my legs, my legs are so dry after a winter indoors.
So are mine! I use AmLactin for my legs too – I swear it makes my skin feel “quenched” after using it!
I love this, I need to try the pedi pads!
I am going to have to try the Avon Foot Works Action Pedi-Peel, I am always looking for a quick and easy way to make my pedicures last longer.
I going to give your regimen a try. It sounds easy enough and effective. Thanks!