This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #VivaLaMorena
Chipotle Honey BBQ Ribs Recipe with La Morena
When I was a kid I distinctly remember my parents taking me to an authentic Mexican restaurant downtown. I absolutely loved the atmosphere and the heat and flavor of the food. Years later, the place has long since been gone – such is the nature of restaurants in NYC, very few stand the test of time. Recently I’ve been on a spicy food kick and – inspired by the food we ate all those years ago at that Mexican restaurant – after picking up some La Morena Chipotle Peppers at my local bodega (a.k.a. convenience/grocery store) I came up with this recipe for Chipotle Honey Barbecue Ribs!
La Morena has pretty much been my secret ingredient for years now – the Chipotle Sauce & Peppers are seriously the easiest way to incorporate real Mexican and Latin flavors into your cooking. I’ve added it to sauces and marinades, even pasta and pulled pork. Speaking of pork, I made this rack of ribs and everyone in my family (picky eaters too) said it was the best ribs they’ve ever eaten – including my dad who is a real rib connoisseur. I’ve included the recipe below, but basically you start with a dry rub and halfway through cooking you dress the ribs in a finger-licking good Chipotle Honey BBQ Sauce.
To make my Mexican-inspired ribs a meal I also served up some black beans – La Morena also has black beans, which means adding this to your meal is as simple as cracking open a can and heating the contents up. I also served up a quick salad with avocado, and what I like to call “the world’s best rice”. It’s basically yellow rice made from the box (or bag – both of which can usually be found in the Mexican or Latin food section of the store), cooked with 3 tablespoons of chopped capers or green olives, and a handful of chopped cilantro. It is the best thing ever – make it and you will thank me!
I definitely think if you’re an apprehensive cook you’re going to be amazed with how simple putting together this meal is. The La Morena peppers bring that Mexican flavor and meld beautifully (or should I say flavor-fully?) with the brown sugar and honey dry rub – the best part is that you don’t need to go to a restaurant for that authentic drool-worthy flavor! Enjoy!
- 1 Rack of Ribs
- 4 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Celery Seeds
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin
- 2 Tbsp of Honey
- 12 oz of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 can of Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 can of Morena Chipotle Sauce
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, celery seeds, paprika, cumin, and honey.
- Place the ribs on a sheet of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet – make sure it’s large enough to fold the ends over. Rub the ribs down with your spice mixture. Cover the ribs with an additional sheet of foil and fold the ends of the bottom and top sheets up – effectively sealing the ribs inside, and place in a 325 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- In a food processor combine 12 oz of your favorite BBQ sauce – I recommend sauces that have ‘honey’ flavor, as it works best with the chipotle. Add in 3 tablespoons of La Morena Chipotle Sauce, and 2 Chipotle Peppers (you can add more if you like quite a lot of heat). You can store remaining peppers and sauce in baggies in the fridge or freezer.
- After the ribs have been in the oven for 50 minutes, remove the top layer of foil and apply all of the chipotle BBQ sauce over the ribs. Place back in the oven (minus the top sheet of foil) for 40 minutes – or until the meat is tender and has begun to pull back off of the bones.
- After the 40 minutes are up, remove from the oven and allow to cool off for at least 20 minutes. Serve alongside rice, beans, and/or salad and enjoy!
This looks so delicious, thanks for sharing this recipe with original La Morena Latin Flavor #client
Oh my goodness this looks amazing! Ill have to try this recipe out, its hard finding one for my whole family. they would all enjoy this.
Looks tasty. I’m all up for ribs now.
Yum! This looks so delicious. I love BBQ ribs and my hubby would love these.
that looks amazing. i love anything chipotle related. i will have to try this.
This looks so good. I know my husband would love it. Going to give it a try. Thanks!