Recipe: Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Milkshake
If you’ve been following along then you probably know this already, but, back in July I attended Blogger Bash – an amazing, small but powerful conference that featured an impressive array of brands and equally impressive social media influencers. It was amazing and just so much fun that I still haven’t even gone through all my pictures. One of the fantastic Blogger Bash sponsors who hosted a hugely popular lunch was Johnny Rockets! I’ve been to Johnny Rockets a handful of times, always with friends, and have always always always ordered one of their milkshakes. If you’ve been to Johnny Rockets then you know, you just don’t go there and not have a shake.
Inspired, my family and I sat down and brainstormed what kind of milkshake we’d most like to have. After countless ideas cooked up and shot down, we finally decided that a Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Milkshake was the way to go – and here it is!
I do hope you enjoy this, it really is so delicious I’ve been dreaming of making another batch since we had these! Everyone loved these, I served them in mini mason jar glasses, so I’d say this recipe serves about 3-4, and can be easily doubled if need be!
- 10 Strawberries, rinsed and removed of stems
- 1/2 Tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Pint of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1/3 Cup of Milk
- 5 Gram Crackers
- 7 Oreo Cookies
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- Puree all of the strawberries and lemon juice in a food processor, set aside.
- Place your gram crackers into a sandwich bag, once sealed use the end of a heavy object and crush the crackers until they are very fine crumbs. After removing the filling from your Oreos (or other brand chocolate sandwich cookies), also place them in a sandwich bag, seal, and crush into fine crumbs as well.
- In a small pot, melt 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Mix two tablespoons with the gram cracker mix, and the other two tablespoons separately with the chocolate cookie mix. The butter is key here as it really gives the milkshake great flavor.
- In the cups you plan on serving with, layer in a thin layer of either (or both!) gram cracker or chocolate cookie mixture. Then layer in a thicker layer of your strawberry puree.
- Using a blender, blend together 1 pint of vanilla bean ice cream and 1/3 cup of milk. You can get creative and blend in other ingredients like more strawberries or vanilla in here if you like. Once smooth (but still thick – you don’t want to over-mix), layer over your strawberry & gram crackers and that’s it! Garnish with gram cracker crumbs or whipped cream and you’re done – enjoy!