This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RedVelvetLove #CollectiveBias
Who needs a boyfriend this Valentines Day when you can have a brownie?! Or, in this case, a blondie! I’m one of those rarities known as a single lady who loves Valentines Day. My little odd family have a VDay tradition where we all choose a name out of a hat and get that person a super special gift and let them know (verbally or via the written word) why they’re so special to you. It’s like secret santa, but with cupid. And while having a special someone is lovely, thanks to my family tradition I’ve always felt like I can have an epic solo Valentines Day so long as I have friends and family who I love, and who love me back. So to celebrate the day of love, I got my hands on M&M’s® Red Velvet candy as well as DOVE® Promises and made a treat worth writing a sonnet about!
Blondies are the blonde cousin of the brownie. Sort of. Essentially, you don’t add cocoa to the mix, the consistency is thicker, and your flavor primarily comes from the brown sugar and vanilla. In all honesty they’re not a far stretch from the standard chocolate chip cookie (assuming you’re adding chocolate morsels of some kind into your blondie). Now, these would be fine without adding chocolate or any other garnishment, but it’s Valentine’s Day and I for one am not opposed to gilding the lily. So when I went to Walmart to pick up those new M&M’s® Red Velvet candies and DOVE® Promises I knew full well that these blondies were going to reach a new height of decadence.
Here’s everything you’ll need:
After mixing all your ingredients together (butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla first) the batter/dough should have a thick cookie-batter consistency. Then you want to unwrap about 10 DOVE® Promises and roughly chop them, spread the batter on a buttered square brownie pan (I recommend you use aluminum foil), sprinkle the chocolate on top and then add on a fair amount of M&M’s® Red Velvet M&M’s on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes in a 325 degree oven and you’re done!
These sweet M&M’s® Red Velvet Blondies are the ultimate way to say “I love you” – without having to break a sweat. I shared them with a few friends & classmates, as well as my family. The M&M’s® Red Velvet candy add such festive color to these blondies, as well as that hard shell ‘crunch’. I prefer the sweetness of milk chocolate, but you can also or alternately use dark chocolate DOVE® Promises.
- 1 stick (½ cup) of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup of all-purpose flower
- 1 bag of DOVE® Promises
- 1 bag of M&M’s® Red Velvet M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the flour to your butter & sugar mixture, folding it in until it’s just combined.
- In a buttered square brownie pan, spread your blondie mix. The mixture should be thick, like cookie dough, so you’ll want to get every last bit.
- Roughly chop 10 DOVE® Promises and sprinkle on top along with as many M&M’s® Red Velvet candies as you like.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden along the outermost edges. Cool & enjoy!
For more M&M’s® Red Velvet inspiration, be sure to visit the Red Velvet Love Recipes page. Join the #RedVelvetLove Pinterest Party taking place at http://www.pinterest.com/SoFabChats/ on Saturday, January 31 at 12:00pm ET for your chance at winning a $1000 Walmart gift card!