It happens every year. Winter says it’s final goodbye’s, and Spring drips into warmer weather and that’s when everybody pulls out their peep-toe pumps, strappy shoes, casual (but cool) flip-flops, and trendy sandals. I eagerly pull out my favorite espadrilles, slide off my winter worn boots and find my feet are hardly ready to go prancing about in revealing footwear. I’m not going to go into details about the horrendous state my poor feet will be by the end of a winter spent stomping around in boots, but I am going to tell you about how I rehab them and pamper them back into health!
These are my top five products for pampering my feet – you can always switch them out for something that works better for you, but all of these are tried and true for me:
1. Sally Hansen Clip N’ Catch Nail Clipper (ARV $4) – Best quality clippers I’ve owned, far better then the $1 nail clippers from the beauty supply store. It’s durable, convenient, definitely worth a spot in your routine. The Treat Ur Toes Control Toenail Clipper is another great option.
2. Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (ARV $6) – this cuticle cream smells nicely of lemon and does exactly what it’s supposed to, it moisturizes, softens, and nourishes cuticles with Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Seed Butter, Vitamin E, and Sunflower Oil. Massage around your nails nightly and in the morning if your nails need a little extra TLC!
3. Nail Buffer (ARV $1-5) – Give your piggie’s the ultimate twinkle toe treatment and give them a good buff and shine. You’ve gone ahead and invested in taking care of your feet – complete the job and contour, smooth and floss your toenails to polish-ready perfection. You can really go anywhere for one of these, but I reccomend the Ulta 4-Way Buffer Block or the Revlon Crazy Shine Nail Buffer, which has a shape more suited for nails I think.
4. Foot Works Beautiful Action Pedi-Peel (ARV $6) – I have been obsessed with these pedi-pads for the past couple of weeks as they’ve completely saved my heels and really my feet altogether. Firstly, the pads smell really good – like a cucumber spa scent. And all you have to do is wipe your feet down with them and allow your feet to air dry, I always follow up with lotion. What it does is retexturizes your feet with glycolic acid and moisturizers – since I’ve been using it I’ve noticed my feet are significantly softer and smoother – love it!
5. AmLactin Foot Cream (ARV $10) – Best foot cream I’ve ever tried. Containing an alpha-hydroxy therapy using lactic acids this offers intense moisturization – without the irritation. I usually apply it after the pedi-peel and before I go to bed, I’ll slather it on and put on a clean pair of fuzzy socks – by the time I wake up my feet are ultra-soft!
The great thing is that all these products are $10 and under and they last for a good long while. Do you have any tips or tricks or any favorite products that you use to pamper your feet? Let me know in the comments below!