This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
Football season has since been underway in my house – which means game time, and game time – of course – means snack time! One of my favorite every-day treats has got to be chocolate chip cookies. It’s a classic treat that everyone loves, no one can resist the allure of a good CCC. So in honor of football season, I thought I’d up my game (sorry, I had to) and take my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and make it just a little more of a winning treat!
First I stopped to pick up supplies for our game day celebration from Walmart in the form of Mini SNICKERS®, a SNICKERS® 12pk, and Starburst® FaveREDs! I know, it’s just an abundance of good things. The Starburst® were piled up in a little bucket – for easy picking – while I took my Mini SNICKERS® into the kitchen with me to make these SNICKERS & Chips Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies! If you need the recipe quickly, you can just skip to the bottom, otherwise here’s how you make these decadent and game-worthy cookies:
You want to mix your dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. This recipe is so easy though that I’d say you only need two bowls and a spoon. I broke my hand blender the day I made these and was able to make them just using a spoon.
Next, you’ll mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, combine until the batter (or dough) is smooth. Next you’ll fold in your chocolate chips and refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes to an hour.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and using a ice cream scoop, or spoon, spoon out your batter onto a cookie sheet leaving a generous amount of space between each cookie as they will spread. Next, take your Mini SNICKERS® and add 1-2 pieces to the top of each cookie. Then take a handful of chips and crumble them, adding pieces to the top of each cookie. The chips give the cookie great texture and play up the saltiness of the peanuts in the SNICKERS® which contrast really well with the sweetness of the cookie as a whole. Finally, put in the oven and bake for 10-15minutes or until the bottoms of the cookie appear light golden brown.
Tah-dah! These SNICKERS & Chips Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are crazy amazing. If you love having a little bit of salty with your sweet then you’re going to love these. Plus, the caramel from the SNICKERS really help to bring this cookie to another level.
- 2 ⅓ cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Sticks of Butter, melted
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag of Mini SNICKERS
- 1 Bag of Potato Chips (I recommend original, ridged chips)
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing together until no clumps are left. Fold in the chocolate chips, cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spoon out your cookie dough onto your cookie sheet – I usually cover it parchment to prevent sticking. Insert 1-2 mini SNICKERS into each individual cookie, and breaking apart your chips in your hand, generously sprinkle the chip pieces over each cookie.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes or until just light golden brown on the bottom. Cool and enjoy!
I’ve shared my my game day recipe with you! I’d love to hear what you plan on making for the Big Game! Leave a comment below.